31 Day Proverbs Challenge - May 2013
The 31 Day Proverbs Challenge is a very simple way to engage God's Word and share it with others. Here are the basic guidelines:
1) Starting May 1st, read the chapter in Proverbs that corresponds to the date. For example, on May 1st read Proverbs 1. On May 12th read Proverbs 12. On May 25th read Proverbs 25. Etc.
2) After reading the chapter, choose one verse from the chapter that you want to share with someone. On May 17th when you read Proverbs 17 you might choose Proverbs 17:10 "A rebuke goes deeper into a man of understanding than a hundred blows into a fool." Or you may choose Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." You may find it hard to choose just one.
3) Go public with it! Post it on your facebook status or twitter account. Add it to the autosignature on your emails. Make a point of working it into a conversation throughout the day. Sit down as a family or with a group of friends and share which verse you chose. Make a T-Shirt. The possibilities are endless...
4) Tomorrow, do it all over again...for the next 31 days.
5) Come back to our blog and leave a comment to tell us how you are choosing to take on the challenge so others can be encouraged by your stories!
That's it...a simple way to engage with God's Word and share it with others in the month of May!